Translate

Friday, June 10, 2011

Happiness


pencil on strong bristol 6"x9"
 For once, I decided to follow a drawing challenge and give it a try.Maybe I didn't draw for years, and I am quite glad with the result.The picture was given by idrawandpaint, but apparently, they don't want any link to their site on the blogs.
So, it was drawn with a 2B pencil;I didn't remember how long I took for this kind of work,before, about 4h, I suppose, but I am now aware of the difference of mood I am with it.I am more concentrated, and I am "in"the character, I never have this feeling with painting;  well, now I notice a few improvements I should do, of course!  

6 comments:

  1. Excellent, Sylviane! I really like the shading on the left side of the face. You really did a good job with the shadows and the light. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Sylviane! Pencil portraits are quite difficult but you've done a lovely work here.

    Thanks for your kind comments on my challenge portrait btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...... this is great. Its been a while since I've even picked up a pencil and you made it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ce visage est vraiment très beau avec cette expression de bonheur dans le regard ! Bravo Sylviane

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very good work, Sylviane. You have a lot of talent for drawing. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much,Virginia, Elisabeth,Nancy, Viviane, Jean, it's a pleasure to read you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!