Thursday, December 1, 2011

Omphalotus olearius

OIL ON BOARD 7,5"x5"
Don't touch!Those jack-o-lanterns, growing from the dead roots of oak trees, are commonly mistaken for the prized chanterelles, and is therefore a common cause of mushroom poisoning.I found them very attractive, but only in picture! And for once, I painted only for my pleasure, not for a challenge.


  1. J'adore aller à la cueillette des champignons... Il est vrai que très souvent les mauvais sont les plus beaux à regarder...
    Très jolie peinture ma chère Sylviane.
    gros bisous

  2. They are lovely to look at. Nice painting, even for pleasure.

  3. Beautiful! Wonderful color, so rich and simple but it's a knockout!


Thank you for your comment!